Saturday, May 9, 2009

Mixed Blessings!

What a crazy life this is! I have quickly learned to just enjoy every moment. Life is full of mixed blessings! Yesterday I had the honor of attending my son Matthew's Mothers Day Tea in his classroom. What a beautiful afternoon we had. The students made their moms placemats, a gift and a card. In the card was written what we like to do together, why I am the best mom, what I am good at, my favorite color, my favorite food, etc. There were tears everywhere as these beautiful children expressed there love for their mommy's! then it happened, the moment that reminded me of how blessed I am. One little boy in Matthew's class lost his mom this past December, two days before Christmas to be exact, it was a tragedy and completely unexpected. To see this little boy up in front of the classroom reading about his grandmother because his mommy was now in heaven was almost too much to take. Then he says at the end "My grandma is the best grandma because she knows how to do everything JUST LIKE MY MOM!" What a beautiful, special child this is and I am certain that god is paying special attention to that family! I felt so incredibly lucky as I stared across the desk at my beautiful, healthy son and remembered just how fortunate I am!

Happy Mothers Day to all you moms out there and take an extra moment to feel grateful for this life no matter what mixed blessings may come your way!!

1 comment:

  1. OMG, I went to Lauren's tea this week too, i'm going to blog about it as soon as I get the pictures/videos up, such a blessing isn't it!

    ReplyDelete